Friends Not Food | Cute Vegetarian Veg Vegan Animal Art for Women or Men T-Shirt
- Made in USA and Imported
- MICHIGAN ARTISTS & PRINTERS | this design was drawn by artist Ronan Lynam, and screen printed (silk screened) with pride by our printers in Ann Arbor. If you’re ever in the area, stop by for a free tour and see how we make your apparel! Tagless tag is printed on fabric inside collar, you can’t feel it.
- UNISEX MODERN FIT SIZING | this shirt is slightly tapered to be a little less boxy than the old style of mass-market t-shirt. Nothing drastic, and most people wear the same size in our shirts as they do in all of their others, but you might go one size larger if you’re on the fence. It is pre-shrunk, but like any high-cotton product, will still shrink slightly in the wash. Our model photos are the real thing – the actual shirt on our salesguy, Rich. He’s 6′ 2″, 200 lbs and wearing a large
- SOFT FABRICS | Our shirts are a ringspun, 30/1 fine jersey knit on 100% USA-grown cotton. If you don’t speak t-shirt geek, that means they are soft and smooth with a high thread-count, tight knit made out of fuzzy plants grown by American farmers. These are mid-weight shirts – a bit lighter than your mass-market, thick gym class t-shirts, but substantial / not see-through. It’s a nice balance between comfort and durability
- TOP QUALITY INKS | We use QCM screen printing inks, manufactured in Pineville, North Carolina. These are high quality inks – vibrant and durable, and highly crack resistant. Some of our designs are intentionally faded or cracked (see product photos), but our inks always “do what they are told” by our printers. We use top of the line printing presses and ovens (to cure inks) made by M&R in Illinois
- SAFE CHEMISTRY | QCM has been one of the most forward-thinking ink manufacturers in the industry, going phthalate-free over ten years ago – way ahead of the curve. They’re also CFC free and rated as carcinogen-free by the state of California
From the brand
How we got our start?
The Ann Arbor T-shirt Company grew from a dorm room project between two friends at the University of Michigan, to a couple of 22 year olds sleeping in a warehouse alongside their printing press, to a business with 50+ employees and a few dogs shipping apparel all around the world from Michigan!
What makes our product unique?
Most of our products are designed, printed, & embroidered completely in our Ann Arbor, MI factory. Our workers receive fair wages, healthcare, 401k matches, & meals. Machines, inks, & most inputs are U.S. sourced, & shirts mostly made of U.S. cotton. Producing in-house keeps quality up & prices low.
Why we love what we do?
Printing is where art meets life. We love bringing all of our customers' ideas, passions, and identities to life with ink and thread. We use higher quality apparel that doesn't break the bank, but which we love to wear ourselves, and take great pride in seeing how much our fans react to our stuff!
An original illustration by artist Ronan Lynam, printed by the Ann Arbor T-shirt Company.
The Ann Arbor T-shirt Company is composed of about 48 artists, screen printers, art techs, logistics professionals, embroiderers, and support staff, all operating out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
We give our employees subsidized healthcare, a 401k match, company soccer and kickball teams, catered employee lunches, and quarterly company parties around town. While we believe in treating our employees with respect as a matter of course, it makes business sense, too. Happy people make better shirts - cooler art, better prints, more exacting quality control, etc. From top to bottom, our people are proud of the product we produce, and can't wait to share it with you.