Curry Powder 4 Spices blend by Flavor Temptations. Indian Food Seasoning, Gluten free, Salt free, Vegan Ingredients – 1 Tin, 3.5 oz (100 g)
About this item
- GOURMET FOOD SPICES– Curry powder is a holistic blend of ground cumin seeds, ground coriander seeds, ground turmeric and ground cayenne. Curry powder is used extensively in flavoring Indian and Middle Eastern foods
- PREMIUM HIGH QUALITY ORGANIC SPICES – 100% Natural, Gluten Free, Vegan, Sodium Free, Sugar Free, Non-GMO, No MSG
- YOUR PURCHASE HAS IMPACT – with every tin sold, we donate 2 meals to food banks, and help fight hunger in USA
- FRESHLY SOURCED – spices are obtained fresh from family farms in Northern India
- PACKAGED IN SMALL BATCHES IN USA – spices are sealed into re-usable food grade air-tight metal tins to lock in aromatic flavors
|Ingredients||Curry for Indian food|
|Allergen Information||Gluten Free, Dairy Free|
|Package Weight||0.15 Kilograms|
From the brand
How we got our start?
When our son flew the nest, we gave him a masala spice box to cook dishes he loved growing up. But he kept messing up the spices! To teach him 'how to fish!', we created spice kits with just enough spices, so he could take pride in cooking healthy Indian food and stop binging on junk food!
What makes our product unique?
Being a small business, all our products are hand-crafted in small batches. We maintain the quality, purity and healthfulness of our food and spices, allowing the ingredients to shine – naturally. And unlike similar products on the market, our products are very low in salt, vegan and gluten-free.
Why we love what we do?
We are on a mission to bring fun and exciting flavors to kitchens across the globe. We celebrate the feeling of pride in your achievements of cooking, pride in our traditions and global cultures, and pride in our ability to give back.
WHAT IS CURRY POWDER?
- ’Curry’ in South Indian cooking is usually a dry vegetable stir-fry roasted in a multitude of spices
- Curry Powder is NOT a spice! It is a blend of exotic spices that are ground and mixed together and can be used when you are in a hurry and don't want to toast follow flavor-building steps that goes into authentic Indian cooking. Each brand of Curry Powder is different and has different set of spices.
- Curry powder is used in a majority of Indian food recipes, either as a blend or as a combination of the individual spices that make up the blend. It is usually added along with salt to veggies or proteins as they are being cooked, and absorbed by the veggies in the process.
- Curry powder has a spicy fragrance of turmeric, coriander and cumin.
- Curry powder is not consumed in raw form. It is cooked into the dish.
WHAT'S IN THE TIN?
- This re-usable air-tight metal tin has 3.5 Oz (100 g) of Vegan, Gluten-free, Salt-free, Organic Curry Powder artisanal blend, hand-made in small batches
- Flavor Temptations Curry powder is made with fresh organic spices curated from Indian farms
- No need to buy large bags of expensive spices and letting left-over spices go stale!
- Typical recipes would require about 0.1oz to 0.2oz (1-2 tsp) of Curry powder, so this tin will last a while
- Use Curry powder by itself to stir-fry veggies or with Flavor Temptations Cumin Seeds and Flavor Temptations Garam Masala Powder to make your favorite Indian recipes
HOW IS CURRY POWDER MADE?
- This particular 4-spice authentic Curry powder blend is Mom's traditional recipe and is most flavorful (We are biased, of course!)
- ALL NATURAL SPICE INGREDIENTS USED: Organic coriander powder, Organic cumin powder, Organic Turmeric powder, Organic Cayenne
- Individual Spices are proportioned out and then blended together
- SPICE LEVEL: Mild to Medium
SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPE
Prep time: 15 mins; Cook time: 30 mins; Serves 4
INGREDIENTS: 1" diced sweet potatoes 2 LBs; Flavor Temptations Cumin seeds 1 tsp; Flavor Temptations Curry powder 1.5 tsp; Salt 1 tsp; Cooking oil 3-4 Tbsp; 10" skillet;
- Toast Cumin Seeds in hot oil, add sweet potatoes, curry powder and salt. Cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes covered until veggies are soft.
- Uncover, roast on medium fire until a few pieces are crispy. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot with Basmati rice or in a tortilla wrap.